Saturday, June 5, 2010

In memory of a new friend.....

It was Tuesday morning that I first heard about his sudden departure. At that very moment, I was stunt and did not know how to react…..

Hui Yong, a name which is still fresh in my mine, knowing him, less than 2 years, I think. First met him when I was in Singapore for a project meeting during a lunch-out with the IT folks. All they talked about was marathon, marathon and marathon. These guys are healthier than me. Since then, I had chances to work with him on projects as well as day-to-day operation. He is such a knowledgeable person in what was doing and willing to learn new stuffs.

In my recent visit to Singapore (May 22-24), he was not in office when I stopped by the IT department and the next thing I know, I will not be able to see him again.

I always believe that things happened for a reason. Your departure definitely wakes us up, reminding us to live our live the fullest everyday and always appreciate everyone besides us, treasure them. I wish I could be there for you. We will always remember you, wherever you are…..goodbye my friend……

Here's a poem, with all I can remember about you

Although unheard I thank you
For being a friend
Even the we do not know each other for long

You always seemed to care

You meant so much to all of us
you were special and that's no lie
you smile will always brighten the darkest day

Even the greyest sky in any days

There may not be tears

But deep down, I know I've cried
I know that you are happy now
Cause you are no longer in pain.

I was not ready to say goodbye
When I did not even have a chance to really say Hi

So on this day, I remember you
You're always in my heart

Rest in peace, my friend…..

Warmest regards

Fun Shiang Yun 范翔云

No comments:

Post a Comment